Important Safety-Transport Notice: It is especially important, when planning to travel by motorcoach throughout North America, to choose a United States Department of Defense (U.S. DOD) safety-certified passenger transport (motorcoach) company.
WHY? Because the DOD demands a far more comprehensive list of safety and quality standard of operating requirements are met by its list of approved passenger transport entities than of those passenger transport companies, which are not DOD safety-certified.
An independent, licensed safety and quality inspector must routinely audit all DOD safety-certified passenger transport companies.
The DOD is currently the only measurable safety and quality standardization process of its kind; and only those passenger transport companies that are DOD safety-certified are allowed to transport military personnel.
Relax; it’s Trailways; because all of our North American-based motorcoach companies are DOD safety-certified!
DOD safety-certification standards are designed to provide all Trailways passengers with the most enjoyable and safest journey possible.
The U.S. DOD Safety-Certification Standards Ensure:
- Trailways drivers and customer service staff are fully uniformed.
- Trailways is formally committed to persistent training and standardized operating procedures, which aim to ensure safety and quality training procedures are present at all times.
- The Trailways motorcoach company’s vehicle safety maintenance system and maintenance records are subject to severe scrutiny as part of the quality assurance scheme.
- There is an internal system in place, which includes documented checks to ensure that Trailways DOD safety-certified vehicles are safe, reliable, and presentable at all times.
- Trailways has a standardized, 24-hour Emergency Help-Line procedure in place.
- In the event of a vehicle shortfall either through defect or over commitment, substituted Trailways vehicles will meet the same high standards as an originally reserved vehicle.
- A Trailways point-of-contact is provided and continually staffed from 9AM to 5PM Eastern Time, Monday to Friday; and after hours from 6PM to 8AM Eastern Time, seven days a week.
- A clean, safe, and professional environment consistent with all health and safety regulations provided by Trailways, at all times.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, every Trailways motorcoach company has a dedicated department or staff-official willing and able to manage issues quickly and efficiently.
Remember: Only the DOD can provide objective, independent evidence that the North American-based passenger transport carrier maintains the highest possible safety and quality standards offered in motorcoach travel. Therefore, every time you travel by motorcoach, it is important to ensure you are traveling aboard a DOD safety-certified motorcoach company!
Safety and Security are among our highest of priorities. Our “Travel Safely Onboard the Motorcoach” message, which provides recommendations for a safe and comfortable journey is shown to all passengers boarding a Trailways motorcoach prior to any initial departure.
In partnership with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), leading edge, satellite tracking technology, known as the Voyager GPS Security System, was developed in 2004, exclusively for Trailways motorcoach companies.
The Trailways Voyager GPS security tracking system enables real-time departure, enroute, during stops, and arrival information, at all times, 24-7-365, which is easily managed and accessed from any Internet connection.
As well, Trailways offers the revolutionary wireless Internet system onboard many of our motorcoaches, an excellent amenity that meets the needs of children, teenagers, students, and business commuters.
All of these things intergrated into all of our tour packages is what have made our service the one of the best charter bus San Antonio company you can hire for all of your needs. We are on the leading edge of our industry!